IPM60 Isostatic Powder Press for Large Battery Tubes
Fully automatic isostatic powder press for the production of large thin-walled tubes made of technical ceramics up to a pressing pressure of 2300 bar.
The press is especially suited to the production of ceramic solid-state electrolyte substrates for sodium-sulfur or sodium-nickel-chloride batteries (ZEBRA batteries).
For increasing its output by adding a pressing module of an identical type, a basic IPM60 pressing module equipped with a robot can be expanded to a flexible production cell, called TWIN CELL.
The centralized robot, charged with removing the compacts, deals with both pressing modules in alternating sequence while the centralized hydraulic unit and electrical switch cabinet of the production cell open up space-saving layout possibilities best suited to the flow of the material.
Still, each pressing module has its own independent control and visualization system for individual settings and maximum flexibility.
The modular IPM60 press system is also perfectly suited to large thin-walled tubular bodies and long thin rods.
- Precise isostatic forming for large thin-walled tubes
- Special powder filling system tailored to the geometry of the part
- Fully automatic part removal by robot
- Modular production cell system TWIN CELL
- Efficient use of space due to centralized supply units
- Basic module with centralized sub-assemblies
- Possibility to expand to production cell TWIN CELL
- Robot for parts removal
- Fully automatic production
- Flexible layout possibilities
- Suitable for remote maintenance
- Closed-loop controlled pressure build-up and reduction
- Each module equipped with its own pressure intensifier
- Demolding by 'Extraction from above'
- Parts with flat bottoms possible
- Individual control and visualization system for each module
- Tool change during operation possible for each module
- Closing force: max. 600 kN
- Isostatic pressure: max. 2300 bar
- Safe pressing medium water emulsion: < 1000 ml
- Isostatic monoblock tool Length of part: up to max. 650 mm
- Wall tickness of part: ≥ 2mm
- SIEMENS PLC
- Volumetric powder dosage
- Filling under vacuum
- Special filling procedure
- Process control by means of weighing
- CIP procedure
- Elastic dies with integrated sealing lip
- Fully automatic tool cleaning systems